Noah told me this about the first day of kindergarten:
- Liam, George, Ethan and Cooper are all on his bus and it is fun.
- On the way home, the bus wouldn’t start. They called another bus, but it didn’t come, so they had to jump their bus.
- For lunch, they had tacos that you could either pick up or scoop. They also had chips and he LOVED that dip that came with it.
- They didn’t have a lot of time to play today because the teachers had to talk a lot and tell them all about the school.
- At recess they can’t go past the big tree.
- Two boys in his class were playing checkers. He asked them to show him how to play and they said no, so he told his teacher. (We had a talk about how he should really only tell his teacher if someone calls him a bad name or hurts him. We also bought a game of checkers.)
Of course I wanted to know more, but a friend told me I should be happy because this is actually a LOT of information. I didn’t see him today (his second day) because I worked and then had a meeting at Zoe’s school. I asked Christian what he said about today. This was all he got: “I liked it a lot better than yesterday.”
One friend asked her daughter, “What did you do today?”
Her daughter said, “Umm, when?”
One friend asked her son, who said, “I don’t remember.”
Another friend’s daughter told her that her friend Sophia had a peanut butter sandwich.
So maybe I really did get a lot of info?
What did your kids tell you about school?