I was listening to the news on the way to work this morning and I heard that Yahoo released its list of the top internet searches of 2008. I started thinking about the past year, and what I would include in my own “Year in Review.” I thought it might be a neat annual feature to incorporate into my blog. The kids might like to go back later and see what was happening each year, in our family and in the world.
So, I can do the review of what happened to us as a family pretty easily (with the biggest news being that Colin came home to us so unexpectedly!), but what should I include for “The World in Review” for 2008?
(By the way, besides being a fun exercise, this is also an attempt to get some of you lurkers out there (who read but don’t comment or tell me in person that you’re reading) to make yourselves known!)
Here are a few to get you started:
- Barack Obama elected the country’s first African-American President
- gas prices going up to $4, and then down to $1.59 (the lowest I saw)
- the declaration that we are “officially” in a recession
- continuing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- the pregnant man
- Tina Fey’s impression of Sarah Palin
What will you remember most about 2008?